worry or trust

I think one of my favorite parts of being a mom is that I am always learning from my kids.  They teach me how to trust God with child-like faith.  It is how they trust.  They haven't learn to be cautious with their trust.  Isn't it how it is supposed to be.  Trust in our Maker should be full and without fear.  But we do fear.  We fear and worry about everything.  My children don't worry about if they will have food or if they will have a warm place to sleep.  They don't fear running in the yard, because they know Mom is watching out for them.  They don't worry about what is going to happen the next day or if the car will be a safe place to ride.  Shouldn't we trust God the same way.  We should put our life in His had with no thought of tomorrow.  That's what he desires. 
I've been thinking about this today because I have had worries.  I realized that, more than I learn from my children, I am teaching them.  And then I worried...  You see they will learn to trust God from how I trust God.  What a responsibility.  But I know that worrying over it is only counter productive!  So, what am I going to do about it.  What should we do about it? Well, to start we need to turn our worry over to God. Confess it as sin and ask God's forgiveness and help. 
I know that there will never be a time when I completely stop worrying.  I think having concerns is part of our nature.  Why else would Christ have to tell us not to.  A wise friend helped me with this when I was pregnant for my daughter.  I had told her that I was struggling with worrying if Danenn would have the same problems Teddy had.  She told me that it was normal to worry, but to look at is as a reminder to pray for my daughter and so that was what I did.  Now looking back, why didn't I apply it to so many more areas?  We have such power in prayer! A power I don't think I ever fully understand, nor use. Can you imagine the power we would have if each time we start to be concerned over something we turn it into a prayer.  I am going to start praying over every worry...when I start to worry. 
One of my favorite quotes is by Corey Ten Boom. She said "Worry does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrow, it empties today of it's strength." We will have problems come and we will have sorrow, but if we worry over it we empty our grace for today.  God gives grace for today.  Not for tomorrow, or a week from now, or a year.  In Matthew 6:34 Christ says, "Take no thought for the morrow: for the morrow will take thought of the things of itself."
So, what am I planning to teach my children.  Worry, fear, an untrusting heart so they will never understand how loving, kind, and caring my providing God is.  Or how great and mighty our God is.  Will I teach them to trust in their Heavenly Father??  It is my hearts desire.  I hope it is your too.


Matthew 6:25-33 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.Pinned Image
Scroll to Top

Comments

Popular Posts