The rest of the story

Well, to let you all know what my blessing was I have to tell you a short story.  My best friend has been going through a trial right now.  The kind that you think, things just can't get any worse.  And then on the way to a doctor's appointment for her mom the transmission in their car went out.  God was working and showed them a blessing through a kind lady.  The lady insisted they drive her to work and take her car to the appointment.  Who does that?  She was definitely God-sent. 
Well, they had the car towed and found out that the amount to fix the transmission was everything they had in their account, thankfully.  However, that meant that their money for groceries and gas was also depleted.  My bestie called me to ask me to pray, and to tell me that she knew God would provide.  I did pray, but I kept thinking there has to be more I can do.  I coupon so I was able to go through and get things that I had extra of.  I hadn't been couponing lately so there wasn't much.  I prayed and prayed and the Lord laid it on my heart to text a few friends and ask if they had anything to spare or if they could just pray.  I sent the text to four people.  I didn't expect much.  But God had bigger plans. 
The out pouring of love for our dear friend was beyond my expectation.  I will post the pictures here later, but the food covered her center island and there was cash and gift cards given.  God provided the exact amount of cash that they budget for gas for the month, because they only get paid once a month.  Our Great God provided all their needs.  I take no credit for it, it was Jesus that supplied the need.  As Philippians 4:19 says, "But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory through Jesus Christ."
I know God can answer prayers and that He wants to use us. I still feel very humbled that I was able to be a part of the blessing!!
And now you know the rest of the story!

Comments

Popular Posts