All is quiet

All is quiet. 
 Both children are blissfully napping and gaining energy for the rest of the day.  
I hear the humming of the refrigerator, and the ticking of the clock, and now the clicking of the keys on the key board as I press them down.  
Now is when I can think.  
Next to me is the Bible.  For now it is closed.  It has been opened this morning.  Now it is resting, waiting for me to pick it back up.  It is calling me!
I am beginning to see that I spend so much time talking about God.  Reading books from people that love God.  And praying to God.  But I am not spending enough time listening to God.  The hum of the refrigerator and the ticking and clicking are nice soothing sounds.  But more important is the sound of the Holy Spirit.  How much do I listen to that?  
God is tugging on my heart about my daily time with Him.  It isn't enough.  Just reading the few chapters or reviewing my memory verses are not enough.  
I desire to be immersed in the Word of God.  
So why am I writing this post and not reading.  Well, mostly for accountability.  If I write it down for others to read, than I feel convicted when I don't do it!  Seems crazy that I need to blog about my conviction to read my Bible more!  But, for me this will help.  
I don't want to be a hypocrite!  I don't want to only read the small portion that is in my devotional book or the passages that go along with the Bible study I am currently reading.  
I want to read what God has for me and keep reading until I am sure that I got it!  
I want to learn to depend on the Bible like never before.  
I hope that this post will come to mind the next time I sit still or waste time!  I hope that I will encourage others to read and read and read.  
How can we grow without understanding?  I don't want to be a child in the word. "...but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Corinthians 13:11b) I know that those childish things are thinking that a few verses will do.  
Well, now I am going to go read.  What are you reading right now.  How are you growing.  What is God teaching you.  Let's encourage each other!  Let's keep each other accountable.  Let's grow in the "grace, and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18a)
Join me, won't you?

Comments

Popular Posts