The Devil attacks!

Isn't it always the case that when you decide to make a stand for Christ the devil makes his move. Well, Get thee behind me Satan because I am not going to be discouraged. Instead I am going to ask for prayer and use it to grow closer to the Lord.
Teddy has been struggling yin school for a while and we have been working with him on behavior problems. Today I found out that he will be home on Monday and Tuesday as unexecused absentes to help him realize that if he continues this behavior he can not attend class. We love the school (Tommy works there!!) and we love the teacher and administration and know that they only have his and the other students best interest at heart. We know that the Lord can use this to mold Teddy into a usable vessel. Since he asked Jesus into his heart I know that there has been a change and that changing behavior is a working process. Please pray that he will learn to better control his actions. That Tommy and I can use the Bible to teach him the right responses and demonstrate what is right. I love my little boy and I am praying that through these experiences he will become a man on God.
Although I was discouraged when I first got the phone call from Tommy. I will joy in the two days that I will have to help him. I will thank God for his salvation and mine. I will thank Him for the gift Teddy is to our family and I will praise Him through this trial. The Lord is my guide and as Psalm 48:14 says, "For this god is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death." He will be our guide and strength in this "trial."
I covet your prayers for our little man and for us as we try to become the parents that God wants us to be.

Comments

Popular Posts