Friday, November 12, 2010

Near Disaster


Tonight I was suddenly thankful for my family and my home! Teddy set the trash in my master bathroom on fire (and tried to sneak out of the bathroom). Thankfully I saw the smoke and got the kids out of the house. I filled a bucket of water threw it and ran while calling 911. I wasn't sure if I got it all out and I thought of all the pictures and things and clothes that I have in the house that would be greatly missed if I were to loose it all. However, I realized while thinking that the things I would really miss the most were standing with no socks on the cold driveway waiting for the fire truck.
I was grateful for our neighbors who kindly took the kids while I surveyed the damage. They gave us some dinner. They were just truly what the Bible says is a good neighbor. I was grateful for cell phones (although Tommy couldn't hear his above the pep band for a while). I am thankful for the kind fireman and woman that came and made sure everything was safe and helped get the smoke out of the house.
I am thankful that the Lord had it in His plan to keep my children and home safe and relatively safe from damage.

1 comment:

  1. It's always amazing how precious even little things become when we're faced with the possibility of their removal!

    ReplyDelete