So easily entangled...

CONDEMNED: Have you felt it. The inability to breath. The racing heart. The sweaty palms. All because you've messed up again. I have. So many many times. When we fail and fall into sin isn't it easy to feel so condemned. The other night I sat beside my husband crying after having to repent once again, and I whispered "Why is it so hard?" So hard to keep apologizing, to keep failing, to continuing sin, to continue to be broken. I conquer one sin only to have another sin struggle revealed and have to face that. I'd love to say that I am sin free. But the truth is, I am not. I will never be on this earth.

The truth is I will continue to sin. To make mistakes. To say the wrong thing. To be selfish. To turn to temporary pleasures. To fall into idolatry. To be prideful. The list will continue.... until one day I am standing face to face with my precious Savior in a place where sin will be NO MORE! What a blessing. What a place! What reason to look forward to Heaven.

So, do I give in.Wallow in my feeling of condemnation. NO! Romans 8:1 says, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ." There is no condemnation. So, I can continue to sin? Absolutely NOT! Just like Paul says in Romans 6:1-2 "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin live in it??"

We can not live in sin.

We can not stop sinning.

So, where does that leave us. In as our pastor says, "A place of Grace!" Do you need a place of grace. I sure do. Daily!! Like David I can come to Christ and ask Him to "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)  He promises to forgive "He will have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea." (Micah 7:19) We can have victory. We can live in a place of grace, and have victory over the sin that "so easily entangles us." (Hebrews 12:1)

There is no condemnation for those in Christ. As a redeemed Child of God I can boldly come to the throne and ask confidently for forgiveness. He doesn't condemn me. He forgives me and brings me back into His heart. He comes after me. He loves me. He desires my heart to grow and mold. The chipping is His process. He gives me grace. Grace to continue even when I fall down. He is there to pick me up, clean me off, and set me back on His path.

And as I learn, grow, mold, change, listen to our ever gracious Savior I can more easily recognize His voice. More confidently approach His throne. And live in victory over sin, yes, I said live in victory over sin. But, dear reader, it is a process. Like a child learning to walk we take steps, fall, get up and take a few more. But one day....I am going to be running! Running with my ears pinned back against my head, my head thrown back, and my arms outstretched right into the embrace of the Savior.

For now...I am going to live in a place of grace.

Comments

Popular Posts