Andy's new song!

I don't know about you, but I am continually learning something. It could be a simple trick in the kitchen, to a new way to deal with my very different children. Today I learned how important it is to take time to let your three year old teach you a song even if you are busy. I was busy cleaning the house, getting dinner ready, and keeping Lyla happy. All the while Andy was helping me make pumpkin bread to enjoy after dinner. He asked if we could sing a song he would teach me. At first, I wanted to just finish with all the things I had going on and didn't want to bother with singing. Then I paused and realized I needed to take time for my little guy. I said, "Why don't you sing it to me." He then asked if we were going to eat all the pumpkin bread. I said, "I don't know. Why?" He said, "Because of the song I want to sing." He then began to sing a song he had made up. "Be kind to your neighbors and friends. Jesus likes it. Be kind to your neighbors and your friends." I was so proud of him. I learned that he has a big huge heart and wanted to take some bread to one of our neighbors. So we poured some of the mixture into a small loaf pan for one of our neighbors down the street. My heart was bursting with pride at my adorable little man. I am glad I let him teach me that little song and didn't just hush him so that I could keep working and get things done. Jesus loves the little children of the world, and with their tender little hearts we can teach them just how much he does.

Comments

Popular Posts